Saturday, March 23, 2013

Updata


What a day!

First off, last night, after dealing with the little ones for the fifth night in a row (and cleaning up some more Patch vomit), I treated myself to a Heineken tallboy and then had some tortellinis with tomato sauce after. Mistake! Woke at 3:30 with raging, aggressive heartburn, unable to get back to sleep. Went downstairs and surfed around online for a couple of hours. Time well-wasted.

Then, early this morning, I paid some bills. Showered. Got an uncertain Patch dressed and ready. Had to drop off the Impala at the Chevrolet dealership. It’s acting up again, same thing it was doing two months ago, temp gauge acting funny, no heat in the car. Dropped it off at 10, and hopped into my swanky loaner: a 2013 Chevy Malibu!

We stopped for a slice of pizza (my heartburn had receded by this point, so why not tempt fate again?). Patch, her stomach still iffy, had some crackers and Pedia Lite with me, then had my crusts. I looked at my watch. By this point, my wife and Little One would be arriving at the annual Girl Scouts Mother-Daughter luncheon. Oh my. Four hundred screaming wild eight-year-old girls and their mimosa-drinking mothers.

Afterwards, we stopped by my work for – an Easter Egg hunt! Patch came alive for this. Eggs were hidden all about the store. She found six, which she guarded in her little transparent bag. She took a smiling picture with a menacing, 6 ft 2 in 250-pound Easter bunny (my boss’s boss), and decorated the framed photo with themed stickers. Face painting and tattoos elicited a major negative reaction for her, although she did request a balloon flower.

We got back in to town and stopped off at the library. She got a Disney Princess book (Pocahontas, I think) and I got her sister two 39 Clues books. I myself picked up two books from the Secret Projects I’ve been working on. Research on that later and maybe I’ll post about it here, maybe not. Hmmm. We’ll see.

Got home by 1:30, put Patch down, and man, she stayed down. Fighting some bug of some sort. If she’s still sick tomorrow, the wife will take her to the pediatrician Monday morning. I began listening to some more of The Killer Angels (I’m about 80 percent done – awesome book), but the eyelids finally got heavy, and I slept for two and a half hours.

Well, off for burritos now, as yesterday we were unable to fulfill our Friday night compact. Will watch a TCM movie tonight with my Better Half, and do some serious, much-needed relaxing tomorrow.

Adios.

No comments: