Thursday, May 30, 2013

Beyond the Tempoflux ...


SF author Jack Vance died a few days ago at an almost relativistic age of 96.


Didn’t read much of his stuff … maybe I should have. What I did read I more or less liked, though he was hit and miss, at least in my unacceptably narrow sample size.


Trullion: Alastor 2262 – solid A (read sometime in the mid-90s)

The Languages of Pao – solid A (read a few months before I started this blog)

The Brave Free Men – a surprisingly disappointing D (read a few weeks after Pao)

and

Big Planet – reviewed here.


An “alien” idea in Big Planet – the “Tempofluxion Dogma” – inspired me to write a four-part posting contrasting said idea with my rough, child-like understanding of Kant’s philosophy, here, here, here, and here.


Rest in peace, big man.


No comments: