Monday, June 17, 2013

Blogophobia


No, I don’t suffer from it.

What I do suffer from, is Temporal Stenosis.

That is, a shrinkage of time.

More concretely, a shrinkage of discretionary time. Time I have to pause, ponder, pen in the corner of the mouth, eyes cast upon the heavens, time to peruse life in all its various experiential existential phases.

I haven’t been able to find time to write, dammit!

Another too-busy weekend. But, admittedly, a fun one.

What did I do?

Friday – rushed home, got the girls, balanced the checkbook and paid the bills, did a coupla loads of laundry. Had burritos with the wife. Read 30+ pages of Anathem. You know, important stuff.

Saturday – slept in, until 7 am that is. Did a three-set weight workout. Showered. Ran quickie errands with the little ones. Then packed everyone in the Impala and drove up to my folk’s home in the woodlands of PA. Stopped at my favorite used book store en route and scored a quintet of reads. Got there, unloaded car, went to pool for two hours. Swam. Read some of Bullfinch’s Mythology. Had a Corona in the cabana. Got back to parents house with the family, showered, went to mass. Got home, everyone had taco soup. Put girls down. Watched Identity Thief with the wife and my parents. Crashed at 10:30.

Whew. Let me catch my breath a minute. Go to another website, then come back in five minutes.

Okay …

Sunday – Father’s Day! Woke at 7, had cereal with the girls. Took a 90 minute bath and read 50 pages of Anathem. Went for a 4-mile walk with the wife. Got back, she cut my hair … and I mean, cut my hair. Showered. Rest of family over for next six hours. Drank a few brews, had some cheese and shrimp and, later, a burger with potater salad. Snuck away and read 50 more pages of Stephenson. Opened Father’s Day gifts (thank you, girls!). Packed everything up, hit the road by 6. Home by 7:30. Unloaded car while wife showered girls. Put them down by 8:30. Took an hour-long tub (I’m allowed two baths on Father’s Day and my birthday weekend) and read 30 more pages of Anathem. Watched skittttttttters!!!!!!! with the wife (that’s the so-bad-its-good TBS show Falling Skies). Passed out a little after 11.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

The good news is that I now have a lot of material to write about. The bad news is, well, still finding time to do it. But lunch-time tomorrow and Wednesday looks good. Some stuff on deck

- my first trip to a gospel church

- that five pack of books I just bought

- and, er, more!


No comments: