Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Strep


Well, I stayed home from work today.

Little One has strep throat.

At first we thought the sniffling and congestion was due to allergies.  Then it migrated south.  She became hoarse from the coughing, then the chest started with that tell-tale rattling.

The wife was out of town, so I had to take a Personal Day.  Out of an incredibly busy work week.  (I'll probably work a full day Saturday.)  So the morning began with getting Patch dressed and fed then dropped off at day care.  Then calls to Little One's school, aftercare, and pediatrician.  Then the trip to the doctor's.  Then the pharmacy.  Then the library for books and CDs for her.  Then to her aftercare to pick up her prepaid hot lunch (2 slices of pizza).

And so on, and so on.

However, we did sit down and watch It Came From Beneath the Sea.  I was truly touched when she looked me straight in the eye, smiling, and said: "There's nothing better than watching a science fiction movie about a giant radioactive octopus with a slice of pizza with your daddy."

Get Well Little One!  I love you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little One here...UH...Love you too. Well I guess I'm feeling better. See ya soon!!!!!!!!!!




Love Little One