Sunday, September 29, 2013

JFK @ 50; Little One @ 9


Here’s what I bought Little One for her 9th birthday.

She’s been asking me all about the JFK assassination during our weekend errand runs over the summer, so I figured she’s of age to read up on Kennedy’s last days. Yeah, O’Reilly’s book is aimed at a 5th to 9th grade audience, but in 4th grade me and the Mrs. feel she can handle it. I skimmed the book before picking it up and it’s not graphic, nor does it appear to be too “fringe-y”, as far as conspiracy stuff goes.
We’ll read together about JFK this November during the 50th year anniversary of the assassination. After reading Posner’s and Bugliosi’s books thoroughly debunking the whole conspiracy conspiracy, I think I’ll go full steam down the grassy knoll for a 180 degree turn … maybe Mark Lane’s Plausible Denial or Edward Jay Epstein’s Inquest. Not sure which, but both have been on my shelves for years.

Anyway, here’s a pic of Little One, a little unsure what to make of the book –



No comments: