Monday, September 23, 2013

Partied Out


Ai Caramba! Am I partied-out.

Yesterday was the girls’ family birthday party. They’re now nine and five. Ouch! Where does a decade go?

We didn’t have as many people as we’ve had in the past, but now that all the little ones are making the slow transition into bigger ones, well, and seeing as our house ain’t particularly growing, it was a loud, raucous affair. Eight children, nine adults, two cakes, ziti and meatballs, cheese macaroni, chips, dips, yoo hoos and juice boxes, soda and beer. Thank God the weather held - actually, it was a beautiful day with short periods of oppressive cloudage - and most of the time the little elephants were out stampeding on the deck and in the backyard. My pal brought over his family’s bouncy castle, always a big hit.

Patch and Little One had a blast. Little One got a small guitar to compliment her Taylor Swift costume. Patch got a bitty baby doll (which she named “Aura”) and a very, very cute backpack thingie where she could carry it around. They both got heaps of clothes and books. And I know they had an awesome time because me and the Mrs. had to wake them up for school this morning!

Me, I ate like I’m gonna live forever all weekend long. Pizza, beer, ice cream, chips, cake, beer, ziti, cheese macs, and beer. Maybe that’s why I feel like manure. Feel like I could sleep for 72 hours straight. Didn’t get much reading done either, which always makes me feel oogy, cuz when I wasn’t partying I was cleaning up or doing errands related to partying. Oh, and since I didn’t mention, Saturday was a party at my brother’s place for his son, my nephew and Birthday Buddy (we share a birthday). So, all told, in two days I consumed:

Ten beers

Six Diet Cokes

Five slices of pizza

Three hamburgers

One hot dog

Three pieces of birthday cake

An estimated 2 bags of chips

1.5 pints of ice cream (Ben & Jerry’s)

Three cups of cheese macaroni

Four cups of ziti and four meatballs

Oh, and not to forget -

1 stalk of broccoli.

(Dipped in ranch dressing)


I also gained thirty-five pounds since last Thursday. No, just kidding; it only feels that way. However, on the horizon, is ... Dr. Ian Smith. So stay outta my way, unless you want to poke the grizzly bear!

No comments: