Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Man Who Hated Meetings


That’s me!

What do you mean, I can’t write “man”? I just did.

Huh?

Has to be “person”?

But I am a “man”! Physically, mentally, sociologically, whatever. I am a man.

What? It’s not acceptable any longer to use the word “man” in print format?

But I’m not writing for publication.

Oh. Didn’t know that didn’t matter. So I’m going to be perceived as “sexist” because I describe myself as a man, using the word “man”?

Yeah, but the title of the post refers to me. I’m a man who hates meetings. “The Person Who Hated Meetings”? That “person” is me! A man!

Wow, you are so tiresome. I bet you’d say something like, “If a person hates meetings, have them write down reasons why.” See what you did there – to appease feminists you used an incorrect plural pronoun, “them” when you should’ve used a singular “him,” based on traditional English language usage, to agree with the singular word “person.” Or, if you want to play the game, you can use, in increasing degrees of nauseating appeasement, “him or her,” “her or him,” “him/her” or “her/him” instead of the incorrect but increasingly fashionable “them.”

What?

How dare you, Sir!

Oops, I meant, how dare you, Sir / Madam!

Argh! Now you got me doing it!

Oh, by the way, here’s why I hate meetings …

No comments: