Friday, February 6, 2015

News Fast


Ah, I need to go on a news fast this weekend!

Nothing but bad news, man, nothing but bad news.  Now, I know that’s the goal of your basic news organization, to frighten the herd so they keep coming back for more, so the news organization can then sell more beer and shampoo, as it’s often put on the Internet.  I know that, I get that.  But being the super fantastic greatest living writer of science fiction and fantasy who has never been published – each word in that should be capitalized but I’m too lazy to go back and do it – I have, shall we say, a somewhat overactive imagination.  And when it’s fed nothing but garbage, and evil garbage at that, well, the fruits are neither pleasant nor healthy nor fun.

I mean, after all we’ve seen and heard, on websites and teevee, after all we’ve digested of the talking heads on this side and that side, regarding all the turbulence in the world so far this week – no, this year – I honestly think those in the oligarchy that rules over us are in either one of two modes.

This one:



Or this one:



Don’t know which is more depressing.

So I’m going to take a break.  Spend time with my girls.  Watch Raiders of the Lost Ark with the little ones (wife, you’re invited, too!).  Read my Fulton Sheen and C.S. Lewis.  Re-read, rather.  Look forward to starting Milton.  Take a breath of fresh air, even if it is only 15 degrees Fahrenheit out there.  Pray, pray, pray.  Go to mass and maybe even Confession.  Trust in God and, yes, trust in my fellow man.

Oh, and I think I’m going to begin re-reading one of the two novels I wrote.  That should perk up my spirits.  The wife thinks it’s time to self-publish and, truth be told, I’m starting to think the same way.  But that’s a few months and a great deal of work away, and updates will follow.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!


No comments: