Monday, October 6, 2008

TRFD Update


Weighed myself this morning and was more than pleasantly surprised. Shocked is a better word. Minus eight. Minus eight! As in, I lost eight pounds on this diet in five-and-a-quarter-days.

My wife’s telling me most of what I lost is water weight, though I don’t think so. Yeah, the bloat from my belly is significantly less, and I think my neck is narrower. These are the two places which serve as LE’s flab indicators. When I lose or gain, we all see it in those two spots first. So, the raw food thing is working.

It’s not a hundred-percent raw foods thing, either, so don’t get turned off by that. My first two meals, breakfast and mid-morning snack, are raw. Fruits. That’s as far as I need to go at this stage, unless I want to go farther. Four out of the five days I did, and had salads. Yesterday afternoon I had soup with a whole wheat muffin ’cause it was chilly. My afternoon snack needs to be raw, either nuts if I’m at work or an apple or banana if I’m home. Dinner can be cooked, and it can be anything as long as it’s not processed or fried. I’ve had chicken and veggies a couple of times, chicken with potatoes, and veggie lasagna. Then it’s back to raw for dessert. I’ve been doing real yogurt with fruit and a little bit of granola thrown in. Once I ate melon, which works for me at night. Everything gets washed down with lemon-tinged bottled or filtered water.

The best part about it? The strangest part about it? I have not been hungry! I never would have thought it could be this way. I mean, how can you not be hungry eating vegetables and fruits all day, right? Well let me be the first to testify. I have not been hungry. Even when I go a little long between meals, I’m not as snarlin’ ragin’ get-out-of-my-way to get to the next plate of food. So, it’s working on a couple of fronts.

I do expect to hit a plateau. My goal is to be minus twenty from my pre-TRFD weight. I’m thinking a few more pounds’ll come off, then the old straight-n-level will show its ugly face. We’ll see …

No comments: