Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mucha Lucha

Hello.

Mucha lucha going on this week. Just a sampling: car stalled out, resulting in an $840 repair bill. Took the Little One to the park for train and carousel rides, took her to a zoo, and to a Kids Club Free Movie (my head’s still aching). Put in a couple more hours with the new website idea; alternating between excitement and despair. Continuing to eat like I’ll live forever, so I basically have no energy as my blood sugar rollercoasters throughout the day. Phone tag with doctors and dentists. Applied to three jobs. Wife worked late two nights so I was stuck with a four-year-old and a nine-month-old testing their old man mercilessly.

Ah. Life is crazy. Life is good.

This blog has kinda taken a low-priority turn. But I have so much good material I want to write about! In true hopper style, the topics zigzag in unusual and unpredictable ways. I want to write a bit about that Russian sub, the Kursk, that sank in August 2000. Finished The Godwhale, which was so awesome it deserves a truly worthy review. I’m in the process of stealth reading THE MOST DANGEROUS BOOK I’VE EVER READ, so I have some thoughts on that. Want to reveal a bit more about the new website, too. Found some interesting poems from that batsh_t-crazy Ezra Pound. Debating whether to make some politico-religious comments.

It’s like the opposite of writer’s block. I have so much I want to write that I’m stressing over doing any of it any justice.

Well, I’ll pick one and write a thousand words tonight for tomorrow’s posting. Also have to take care of some necessities: children’s laundry and balancing the checkbook. And my favorite TV show is on tonight! Plus a hot bath is waiting me, as is at least two really interesting books. I’m indecisive as to what SF paperback to read next, but that’s a fun decision to make.

We’re planning on spending the weekend away, so I’ll have to write some things to post in advance. And a weekend away always entails logistics that make me appreciate the men behind the scenes during Napoleon’s marches across the European continent: laundry, toiletries, packing for two adults and two children, cleaning the house, etc, etc, etc. Ah well.

Life is crazy / good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you can appreciate the "men behind the scenes." It is so very true how much is required to "get away" for even a day, let alone several! Hope you guys enjoy your weekend! -J