Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Quick One

Just a quick update …

Spent the weekend at my aunt and uncle’s place in upstate New York and had a well-needed refreshing and relaxing time. The Little One spent most of yesterday making gigantic bubbles and learning badminton, displaying a good forearm swing that she had to have inherited from her Ma. Apache was well-behaved and charming, for the most part, and had plenty of relatives to dote over her. The wife was out and about chatting up everyone, and may actually had a drink or two! The burgers were great, the bugs were beastly, and the weather was superb.

I, for my part, am just about “no maintenance.” I found an unused room in the place to set up camp and disappeared for a couple blocks of a couple hours. It may or may not have been called the reading room, but I certainly made it so. Finished The Hellhound Project, story, reminiscences, and review to follow early in the week, and put away close to a hundred pages in A Man On The Moon, perhaps the Bible of the Apollo missions. I am incredibly swept up in it, to the exclusion of just about everything else, everything else that doesn’t have to do with the well-being of my children or ice cream. More on that, later.

I go to the doctor’s office late tomorrow afternoon for my first follow-up post-surgery. I expect everything to go well. There’s been no side-effects; nothing to concern the doctor with, truthfully. Will report on that later, too, if I think it necessary or interesting.

Busy week. C has a demanding couple of days for her work, and that trickles down to me. I’m trying to keep the Little One somewhat beneficially occupied during this middle part of the summer, as well as eke out some time for Project X (my new dramatic term for my website) with the daunting and nearing deadline of August 1. Also want to start some type of workouts, provided the cardiologist green-lights it, possibly some weightlifting combined with a more consistent walking schedule. Oh, and I need to keep away from the ice cream; my weight’s shot up 5-7 lbs this month alone. But it’s been a hot summer.

Have to watch the girls now as C is getting us some dinner. Hasta mañana, amigos …

No comments: