Friday, December 4, 2009

Stats

Just had my 10,000th page view today. A milestone.

I’ve been blogging since mid-March 2008, about 21 months. A post a day, with the exception of 2 weeks I took off last Christmas and 6 weeks I took off due to my hospitalization. So really, about 19 months.

569 posts, which fits the post-a-day goal.

I currently get an average of twelve visits a day, pretty good since I know only six people who regularly stop by. I’ve gotten visitors from as far away as Japan, Australia, the Netherlands, Brazil, Great Britain, Italy. Most come by from Google keyword searches. My liberal friend who posted yesterday came from obama + jobs + ideas + romney.

5368 visits. Not bad. Not bad at all for someone who does this with absolutely no marketing whatsoever, nor with an eye to turn a buck. Not bad for someone who didn’t expect anyone to be reading his blog. No, I just started hopper to help me get back into the habit of daily writing, regardless of topic.

One thing I would wish for is more commenting. If you agree with me, say so! If not, tell me why! It only takes but a minute. Be anonymous if you want. Let me and my dozen daily visitors know what’s on your mind. I know the political posts seem to get the most activity, but that’s not where my heart lies. I’d like to see more comments on my thoughts about religion, science, the books I read (maybe you, too) as well as the movies I watch (more likely you, too).

So, heartfelt thanks to all who spend a few minutes each day to stop by and read my ramblings.

No comments: