Monday, December 28, 2009

To Boldly Go

How many of us children of the seventies remember being glued to the TV watching Kirk and Spock and the whole crew of the Enterprise voyage through the galaxy? When I was ten or eleven I recall Sunday nights, I think, watching the show at my grandparent’s house, week after week. Like Bugs Bunny cartoons, I saw them all. I even read the paperback novelizations. Played with the Trek dolls with my friends. One day I’ll buy the DVD box set, once I have some disposable income. Until then, I have only memories to go on for this post – memories that are, paradoxically, fuzzy and seared into my cerebral cortex. Funny how that is, isn’t it?

Top 5 Star Trek: The Original Series episodes

The episode with the Horta – Blobs in space!

The episode with the Flying Pizzas – watch out for that meatza, Spock!

The episode with the crashed shuttle Galileo 7 – Sasquatch lives on Altair IV!

The episode with Vol – stoned Hawaiian hippies with nails in their necks worshipping a papier-mâché dragon head!

The episode with the Amoeba in Space – See comment on the Horta episode!

No comments: