Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vacation Message

Well, the wife, the little ones, and I are driving down south to visit my wife’s parents for all of the upcoming week. Since my folks are in Pennsylvania, and hers are in South Carolina, we do this thing where we alternate the holidays that we do the Big Drive. This year fell to Christmas. We pack about a hundred-n-fifty pounds of luggage, presents, food and supplies into the Impala and saddle up for the fourteen-hour cruise down I-95.

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been writing little extra entries that I’ve cued up to post over the next seven or eight days. They’re all of a “Top Five” format about subjects from books and movies and teevee shows to time travel and deceased personages and a little bit o’ insight into LE. To the dozen or so people who visit me daily: Keep stopping by; I hope you enjoy these posts and maybe add your own thoughts if you are so moved.

My access to a PC during this Christmas vacation will be extremely limited. Perhaps I can swing by a public library down there on Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise, if you do comment and I don’t respond, don’t take it personally. I’ll get back to you eventually.

Here’s our Christmas picture of Patch and the Little One:



Try to remember the reason for the season. It’s not gift-giving. It’s not even some vague, disembodied call to be good to your fellow man. It’s to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, equal part God and man, who physically walked this earth two millennia ago to show man how to live and heal him and forgive his sins so that he may have eternal life. Keep that in mind on December 24th and 25th.


Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments: