Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day

Well, we finally got it.

Big storm system padded into town silently overnight, dropping about three inches on our slumbering home. Problem is, it’s not going to let up, at least not until tomorrow morning. Expectations range up to a little over a foot. Nothing paralyzing; we won’t be cleaning out the grocery stores in panic like our friends a few states south. But school has been closed and the wife will probably curtail any unnecessary trips outside. We’ll probably do some sleighing or some snowman construction later. Little One wants to build a snow fort, too, and there’ll easily be enough raw materials to construct one.

Here’s a pic from outside my front door, about an hour ago:



And here’s a shot of the backyard:




Watched The Day The Earth Stood Still remake last night. I’ll have a post up about that tomorrow, I think. I also applied for a job at my local archdiocese, but I’m probably overqualified. Still, I’m curious to see if and what type of response I’ll get. Other than that there’s nothing really new and exciting in LE’s life. A good night’s sleep, some very strange dreams, some books on the dining room table to pore through, some thinking and writing to do. That’s about it.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought the Arch Bishop position was already filled...Always

LE said...

That's one job I am most assuredly NOT overqualified for ...