Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bad Bad News


Got a voice mail from my cardiologist today, and it wasn’t hugs and roses. He finally got around to taking a look at my annual lung scan I did fifteen days ago. It’s not good.

My left superior pulmonary vein is closing up yet again. The inferior vein closed up three or more years ago, after my second catheterization to cure atrial fibrillation. Since you only have two veins going from the heart to the lung, this is quite serious.

First, they put a balloon into the vein to blow it up. This lasted three months. Then, they put a stent in it. That lasted a year. This was followed up by a stent within the first stent, and now, it seems, that that has lasted two years.

But the fn vein is still closing up.

I am equal parts frustrated, angry, scared, and disillusioned. It’s official; life is too hard. It seems I need to pay the price of a lung for whatever sins of omission or commission I may have done earlier in my life. I don’t know; the Great Vacuum has told me nothing. Or maybe I’m just tuned to a different frequency.

The wife tried to cheer me up this afternoon. We’ll get a consultation with your doctor, she said, even after I said that he has no idea what to do next.

I don’t either.

Prayers appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just don't know what to say...you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...always