Sunday, May 27, 2012

Returned!


Well, we’re back!

Back from five-odd days in Paris. What an experience! What a feast for the eye, if not for the belly, too! I’m glad to be back, no doubt about that; I missed my girls, I missed the comforts of my own home. But I’m a bit sad, as is my wife, and we made a vow early in our trip to get back there again within the decade.

We took about two hundred photos on the digital camera. We both also took notes: mine somewhat eclectic and weird, my wife more straightforward in diary form. What I think I’m going to do over the next week is tell you about our trip, day-by-day, including the airplane ride over the Atlantic to and fro. Believe me, we saw the highs and the lows, and we did it all on a budget that didn’t break that bank. Our walking covered possibly a quarter of Paris (or maybe it just seemed that way), more so if you confine our little Venn diagram to the touristy sights. But it was all worth it. Beautiful, historic, fun, and – different.

So, starting tomorrow, every day around noon I’ll post a little travelogue that I hope you find interesting. Maybe even helpful – who knows? I want to get all these memories out of my head and transferred onto the electric page, a much more reliable long-term storage device. Ten years from now I want to re-read all this, and re-live it in no small part.

Care to follow us to Paris and back?

C’mon – it’ll be fun!

No comments: