Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sick Again Again


For the past week I’ve had a persistent, mucousy cough. Tough mucous, hard to bring up. Didn’t seem to bother me, ’cept for the persistence of the cough, which was driving the wife nuts and my little ones started to imitate in their sleep.

This morning, however, this thing that I have woke me up with a vengeance – moving up into my throat and sinuses. I’m a bit stuffy with a lot of easy-going clear mucous, and it hurts to swallow. Also feel drained, like I’m hungover. And in addition to that, I feel like I could sleep for 36 hours straight.

Not good to feel this way only 72 hours before Little One’s First Holy Communion. Have family flying in, friends sleeping over, a big party Saturday afternoon in one of the rooms of an upscale pizzeria. I’m also expected to participate in some way during the mass, as I am an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

So, I’m home from work and off to the doctor’s in a few minutes. For drugs. Might powerful drugs, stuff that’ll blow this thing out of my system, whatever it may be. When I get back, I’m getting into sweats and crashing. And should I sleep for 36 hours, well, the wife’ll just have to pick up the little ones from day care tonight, and drop them off again tomorrow.

No comments: