Friday, May 18, 2012

The Other Side


Quote:

We have a very beautiful chapel at Christ the King retreat center in Sacramento. Groups come from all over seeking a deeper walk with Christ. Once we sponsored an R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) workshop. They put a large cross right in the middle of the chapel floor. It was about 10 feet high and had no corpus on it.

One evening when the chapel was empty, I went and saw the cross standing there. I approached it and looked at the front of it. Because it was in the center of the floor, I was able to walk around it. I noticed something: the cross has two sides. Usually it is on a wall or hung somewhere and its other side is hard to notice. As I looked at the back side of the cross, I heard a tiny whisper in me. I believe it was the still small voice of the Holy Spirit. “The front side of the cross was for Jesus, the back side of the cross is for you.”

- from Live Passionately! by Father Cedric Pisegna


Something I plan to think about during my long, nocturnal ocean voyage in 72 hours …

No comments: