Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Debate Intuits


My first impression was of a senior in college debating a senior in high school. Then, I revised it to a senior in high school debating a freshman in high school. Then, I saw the guy on the right as a really bright fellow, at least from what everyone else at school’s telling me, who simply failed to study for the oral exam and was saying whatever he suspected his teacher might want to hear.

Wished the guy with the better ideas – the only guy who had ideas, or at least was willing to enunciate them – was a better speaker, and the guy with the smooth and slick delivery was more tongue-tied. But remarkably early in the debate I was pleased and surprised to see the smooth and slick delivery man tripping over a calculating mind playing all the angles and desperately trying not to say the truth. Or keep his verbalized mistruths in some crazy logical order and relation.

And that uncomfortably weird ’n creepy hypnotic Stare of Death!

I must confess to having to be sold on Romney, but after watching all three debates and learning a bit more about him during the convention, I’m sold. Right man for the right job at the right time sort of thing. So he has my vote. And my gut tells me he’ll win by 4 points in two weeks.

I really, really, really don’t want to re-read Atlas Shrugged

No comments: