Friday, October 5, 2012

Shakespeare and the NFL


So me and Little One are walking across the parking lot, holding hands, to get to Patch’s day care center.


LITTLE ONE: So, Dad, who’re the Giants playing Sunday?

ME: Uh … I think the Cleveland Browns.

LITTLE ONE: Are they any good?

ME: Well … they’ve been kinda stinky for a long time. The Giants should win.

LITTLE ONE: I know. The last time I heard of them was two years ago.

ME: (thinking) Two years ago? Little One heard of the Cleveland Browns when she was six?

LITTLE ONE: So, who’s their coach?

ME: Uh … (randomly eidetic memory kicks in) It used to be some guy named Romeo Crennel. But he may have gotten fired last year. Or the year before. They’ve been bad for a while now.

LITTLE ONE: (pauses thirty seconds) Hey Daddy?

ME: Yeah?

LITTLE ONE: I wonder … is Romeo’s wife’s name Juliet?

No comments: