Sunday, February 3, 2013

San Fran by 10


That’s my prediction. On paper, looks like a real close game, a toss-up to whichever team comes out wanting it most. But as we saw two weeks ago, it may just come down to whichever team comes out after halftime wanting it most.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. Back when I was thirty, me and the wife (then my fiance) lived down in Maryland for two years. I couldn’t root for the Redskins, so we became marginal fans of the relatively-new Baltimore Ravens. As luck would have it, that year they made it to the Superbowl and spanked my Giants.

But I still have a residual liking for them, whereas I don’t really have any feelings for the Niners. I don’t care for Ray Lewis – did you hear this is his last game? – but I do like the whole backstory of Michael Oher’s, and Joe Flacco is a New Jersey native. Jim Harbaugh proudly acts like a toddler in public, tantrum-wise, whereas his brother John maintains a more stoic outlook, so that’s another minor point in Baltimore’s favor from me.

So, while I’d like the Ravens to win, I think it’ll be something like

San Francisco 37
Baltimore 27

I guess. This one’s hard to predict.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JW totally agrees with your coach analysis!