Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Well Is Dry


Beaten … whipped … drained …

Just another week on the ranch.

Have a lot to write, but no inclination and energy after a trio of 10 hour workdays. Exhausting mental work with plenty of interruptions, crises, and fires to put out. I need a full night of relaxing reading. To be transported to one of the worlds of PJF and, perhaps, a Civil War battlefield of a century-and-a-half ago. After I put the little ones abed, that is.

Oh – and I am going to work out. It’s my new routine the past couple of days, replacing the traditional and habitual swigging of a Foster’s Oil Can. So far, it’s working. Improved sleep and energy and all that.

Good stuff on the horizon here at the Hopper. A song selection, perhaps tomorrow. Another encounter with a Jerk at Work, albeit a different one, an encounter of a more serious and sad nature. And a review of my last PJF conquest, The Maker of Universes.

See ya tomorrow.


No comments: