Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fluey


Arrrgghh....

My cold flu thingie is not going away. It’s migrated from my head to my throat, after a brief stopover at my nasal passages. I can balance on my two feet, but that’s about it. Had a headache just behind the right eyeball all day today and part of yesterday. Quite fatigued. Ribs hurt from coughing. Still chugging the Nyquil, still getting quantity and surprisingly dreamful sleep.

So much to get done at work (three hours OT so far at Tuesday’s end) and at home (mostly stuff related to the little ones). Haven’t had time to write. Sat at my desk for 15 minutes last night after girls went to bed, but nothing inspired the fingertips. So ... might be scant posting over the next couple of days.

In my bedridden down time I have been charting my way through The Streak. Almost done, ’bout thirty pages to go. After that, I think I’ll open The Hawkline Monster, a “gothic Western” – nice good potential for an October novel. Always like to read something a little macabre this time of year. After that, something on Kennedy for November (all while continuing through my Atkinson WW2 trilogy).

But I gotta shake this thing!

Blarrrgghh....

No comments: