Friday, October 4, 2013

Monadophile


Okay, so I’m sick. Er, fighting something. Still can stand on my two feet, if a little brain foggy.

Have two goals this weekend:

One, do the very next thing I have to do, and only the very next thing I have to do.

Wife won’t be back until early Sunday morning from her business trip. In the meantime, I have to clothe, feed, dress, wash the little ones, get them to soccer practice and soccer games, Fall Festivals and church, and pick up my healed Impala somewhere in the mix. Also have to pay bills, bring cardboard to recyclers, handle two estimates to repair my sidewalk, get clothes to and from the dry cleaners, return library books, and decide whether to remain on my company’s health benefits plans or sign up with the wife's new company’s health benefits plans.

Two, read Leibniz’s Monadology.

Now, it’s only eleven printed pages. I remember reading a part of it maybe three or four years ago and thinking, “Hey, this is some freaky *** ****.” And now, today, I’m in the mood to read some freaky *** ****. So, at some point this weekend, I will fill my tub up with scalding water, pour in copious amounts of Epsom salts, breathe the steam in deeply, and try to understand this 17th century classic piece of philosophy. Er, 17th century classic piece of freaky *** ****.

Man, I need a new body.

No comments: