Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thirteen Hours


It was the longest I’ve slept since, oh, forever. Seriously, probably since I got back from my whole hospital to-do in February 09. Last night I put the little ones down (in a daze, it must be admitted), flopped into bed, channel surfed until I realized absolutely nothing was on (out of three hundred channels). I threw in the towel at 9 and guzzled 30 mL of Nyquil.

That did it.

I remember somewhat vaguely getting up to pee twice in the night. First time was about 1 or 1:30, the second around 6. Then, the eyelids opened and blurrily settled on the green readout on the DVR: 10:15.

Thirteen hours of sleep.

Laid in bed all day today. The wife was home from her business trip to herd the young uns. Me, I read a bit of The Streak, read some of the 1940-42 war in North Africa, wasted three hours watching the pitiful Giant loss, watched some bad Syfy haunted house movie, watched some of the Pirates-Cardinals playoff game.

Now, a blog post.

Then, some more bed rest, and a date with Nyquil around 9. I am feeling much, much better than yesterday. Feel confident about going to work tomorrow, but we’ll see.

Until then, my friends …

No comments: