Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Z-Pak


A hundred percent better than yesterday, but still at only seventy-five percent or so (if that’s mathematically coherent).  Day 2 of my Z-Pak, three azithromycin pills circulating in my system, telling that bug in my bloodstream that there’s a new sheriff in town, at least until I urinate him out.


Anyhoo – yesterday, day 1, had the blessing of sweeping away that gurgling sensation in the depths of my trachea that, upon exhalation, made my chest heave with coughing spasms.  My ribcage feels like Tyson did a 2-hour bongo solo on it.  Then, all day today, the dizziness is gone.  Hooray!

Only one mistake, though.  Our pharmacist – great guy and phenomenally smart as we’ve grown to respect over the years – recommended this green tea extract.  One eye drop has the same amount of antioxidants as 15 cups of regular green tea.  So the wife, thinking it would be a great way to relax sick old me last night, poured me some herbal tea with an eyedrop of this stuff in it around 9 o’clock … and I was up until 1:30 am!  Turns out it also had as much caffeine as 15 cups of regular green tea …


Well, I’m on the mend.  Should be fine by the weekend, God willing.

No comments: