Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sacred Heart Candle


I took the Little Ones with me earlier today on errands, and one stop I was not particularly looking forward to was at Home Depot.  The girls are all leaving me for a week beginning tomorrow, and I decided to paint the master bedroom while they’re gone.  Last year I redid Patch’s room after four years.  Now its time for me and the Mrs. to have our bedroom renovated, especially since its pretty much falling apart.  The paint on the walls is ten years old.  As is the soot from the radiators, the big crack through the ceiling, and the broken blinds.

So we go to Home Depot and I’m searching the aisles for some some primer, some ceiling paint, spackle, rollers and brushes, etc.  Also something to clean the walls with before I begin painting.  And lo and behold, I find this candle tucked in between the floor wax and the deck stains:






At Home Depot!

I had to pick it up.  Something to read my spiritual books by, I guess.  During my 20-day stay at the Hotel Valley Hospital a few years ago, I felt called to the Sacred Heart.  Saw something tacked up on the wall in one of my rooms; had it mentioned by a priest who visited me; also thought it particularly apropos to the reason I was there: my own pitiful heart.  So I purchased a thick book on the devotion, studied it a bit, but never did much about it.

Perhaps this is a sign that I should do something about it. 

I mean, a Sacred Heart candle – at Home Depot!

No comments: