Friday, September 18, 2009

Dissent

...

A meme that’s floating around the blogosphere, originating from some conservative political websites –


“From 2001 to 2008, we were told that dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Now, in 2009, we’re told that dissent is the lowest form of racism.


Well, which is it?

The hypocrisy and deceit of contemporary American politics disgusts me. I am taking steps to extract this fungal cancer from my life. I’ll vote every November, of course, after careful review of all candidates and their positions and experience. But I feel dirty participating in the fray every day, exposing my mind to their mostly crude attempts at indoctrination. And lest you think I am only aiming at our esteemed and high-valued liberal establishment, this extraction also includes such luminaries of the right as Glenn Beck, or Chicken Little (“The sky is falling! The sky is falling!”) as I like to call him to the chagrin of some members of my family.

Ugh.

No comments: