Monday, February 6, 2012

Gasoline Blues


Wanna know what occupied my thoughts during this morning’s commute?

How it takes $45 to fill the *&!#@!* gas tank in my 2008 Chevy Impala!

I mean, I remember when it used to take $25 to fill it. How long ago was that? Two years? Three? At least as long as the amateur president has been in office.

A few weeks back I read a statistic that when the One took office a gallon of gas cost $1.80. Now it’s hovering around $3.30 or so. But you know that, right? Because of the ticker that the media runs on a daily, no hourly, basis. It’s the lead during the morning shows and the lead during the evening news. Been that way every since gas prices rose during the Bush presidency –

Oh. Yeah. Their guy’s in, so we’re all hush-hush about the price of gas.

Now, I remember clearly three-and-a-half years ago, when gas prices rose near the tail end of Bush’s term. Forget that ABC NBC CBS PBS CNN MSNBC et. al. used the rising price to discredit the Bush administration and, by extension, the Republican Party and, by extension, the conservative philosophical movement. Forget that.

Let’s talk about solutions. Some of which the media was even clamoring for back before the Obama Recession went full swing.

Why won’t the president release some of the strategic oil reserves, flooding the market, so to speak, with additional supply and lowering the price?

Why won’t the president allow drilling in Alaska? The Gulf? Off the coasts? Drill, baby, drill!

Why won’t the president demand legislation to reduce or eliminate the burdensome taxes that are slapped on to the price of a gallon of gas, one atop the other?

Mr. President, I demand to know why you care so little for the little guy!

I mean, the difference in price to fill my car’s tank once a week is $20. Multiply that over the course of a year and it’s a cool $1,000. Hey, I could stimulate the economy with that much money. In lot’s of ways, like – food! Clothing! Education expenses for my two younglings! Paying down my credit card debt!

C’mon, Mr. Obama, why do you hate the middle class?

No comments: