Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wuzzup


I’ve reached the halfway point of Prelude to Foundation and guess what – the ancient Book our hero finds is somehow related to events on the planet Aurora – a.k.a. Dawn – linking this novel with last Saturday’s acquisition, The Robots of Dawn. Synchronicity alert! Synchronicity alert! May I present you the sound of a thousand Keanu Reeveses simultaneously going whoa in an echo chamber the size of my skull ...

The Thing – the remake of the remake – excuse me, the prequel to the remake – is on my agenda tonight. Very excited, because at the very worst it will be me and my pal watching SF. Me and my pal watching SF – bad or good – is still better than most things I can think of (except me and the wife watching SF). Especially when you toss in a bag of pistachios and a couple of beers! Look for my vivisection of the film in coming days ...

Why am I reading all this Civil War stuff ... why am I reading all this Civil War stuff ... why am I reading all this Civil War stuff ... well, I finally figured it out, but it’s kinda complex to fit into a three-sentence paragraph. May do a post about it in the near-future. I think it will be a worthy one, regardless of whether you find fascination in the four-year conflagration our nation underwent ...

It’s been five days now since one of us has been in the Emergency Room. Good sign, knock on wood or otherwise nearest woodlike surface. Got the bill from the plastic surgeon though - $1,600! That’s like a $9,600-an-hour labor rate! Works out to a $160 a stitch. Yikes! The wife’s submitting it to the insurance company, but I’m certain we’ll be paying something for this (in addition to the $100 emergency room co-pay) ...

Been thinking about the phrase-slash-cliché the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t. Not sure if it’s true or not or is. Might be worth a skewed and highly weirdous post. Maybe in in the next few days …

All right, nuff of this. Gotta cook my famous slammin’ salmon …

No comments: