Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Birthday Wish List


OK, it’s a little more than a month off, but … here’s what I want for my birthday, in no particular order:


(1) Unlimited energy – like that of, say, a four-year-old, if the four-year-old had the body of an Olympic triathlon athlete

(2) Spiritual enlightenment – wisdom, patience, humility, and mystic vision all rolled into one and accelerated to some crazy exponential power

(3) Financial security – seven figures in the bank and / or a six-figure income; I’m not picky

(4) A “no hassle / no catch” publishing contract – hey, I’ve already written two manuscripts and a score of short stories

(5) Paid-for cottages – note: “cottages”, not “mansions” – at any beach, at any mountain lake, in any bustling city, and, of course, in Paris


That’s my wish list. If you can get your hands on any of the above, stop over in five weeks for a beer and some cake, and I’ll unwrap it in front of all the friends and family.

See ya then!

No comments: