Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Find or Make


Damn this thing called life! And it’s bastard hell-spawned twin work!

I can’t find time to write!

Gosh, so much to do and so much done. First and foremost, super busy at work. Which is a good thing, I’m forced to admit, because not only does it keep me employed, it keeps me occupied. An exhausting employment / occupation, but a necessary one if I want keep the fam fed, clothed and sheltered. (Alas, ’twas one of the many items Barack Obama was not able to pull in his four years.)

The children are really getting busy, which makes me and the Mrs. quadruply busy. Feeding, dressing, cleaning up after them, bathing them … it adds at least an hour to the day, every day, day after day. And add to that if the wife is working late, a common occurrence during the week. Plus, Little One just resumed soccer, her first practice held yesterday evening for an hour-and-a-half. In September the games start, which will take an additional two-hour bite out of the weekend for us.

Now don’t get me wrong here. I’m immensely proud of my daughters. I’m just trying to work out a justification for Not Writing. (And, I think, it’s Not Working. The justification, that is. Not the premise that Not Working is the justification for Not Writing … can you see now why I’m going insane?)

Anyhoo, there’s my manic addiction to reading. Two books at a time. I’ve also been working out, pretty consistently lately (fourteen workouts since the Fourth of July). This entails 10-plus minutes on the exercise bike, some curls, push-ups, leg stuff, and crunches. And let’s toss in all the weekly responsibilities we all have (cooking, laundry, groceries, Church, commuting, errands here and there and back again, socializing with extended family and friends). Oh, and let’s not forget the biggest timewaster of all, teevee! Even though I really only watch a handful of shows (Falling Skies, Hell’s Kitchen), we’ve been watching a lot of Olympics this past week. It eats up time for a monk like me!

Soooooooooo … maybe some weird and interesting stuff on the near horizon. I promise, my head is bubbling with weird and interesting (interesting if you are one of the seven or eight other people on the planet who find my interests intensely interesting). Just gotta find –

Or MAKE –

time to write.

No comments: