Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Need a Change of Pace


Or Place.

Feel like uprooting the whole family and moving.

To Montana. Or Texas. Or Antarctica.

Or maybe just uprooting myself.

Taking that high-paying job monitoring that sub-zero weather station in the Yukon.

Joining the French Foreign Legion (if I could just get a pass on all the physical stuff).

Becoming a Carthusian and spending the rest of my life in a cave (would they give my family, say, a $5000 a month stipend for that?)

Accompanying Sir Allan Quatermain into the Heart of Darkness, armed with a machete and a notepad.

Or holing up in an abandoned warehouse to cultivate my scientific megalomaniacal global Scheme of Vengeance.

Selling my plot of land to buy the seemingly worthless plot of land that actually holds a diamond mine.

Starting over, starting new.

A path less tried and a path less true.

A change of pace, or place, or a new face. (How Suessian!)

Or just a good night’s sleep.

No comments: