Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Someone is Killing the Sweathogs!


Was what my wife yelled out, last night, when I told her of the death of the actor who played Horshack. This, coupled with the death of the actor who played Epstein this past January, caused the outburst.

As a wee youngling barely able to hop up on the blue couches that elled our living room in the mid-seventies, I vividly recall watching Welcome Back Kotter with my family, amongst fare such as Chico and the Man, Happy Days, The Six Million Dollar Man, and Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom. Of the sweathogs show I recall none of the plots, just the vague general personalities of the quartet of high school kids, Groucho Marx their teacher, Groucho’s hippie-ish wife. I remember the principal, a gnarled, gnurley grump, made me very nervous.

Boom-Boom beware! You could be next!

No comments: