Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ice Cold Ice


I’m about through with Hal Clement’s 1953 SF novel, Iceworld. What to read next? Why not Icerigger, a rare non-movie-novelization done by Alan Dean Foster, sitting on my bookshelves unread for nearly two years? Then perhaps a compare-and-contrast throw-down between the two, some red meat for the three or four SF geeks who read my blog worldwide.

Okay!

Then I’m thinking about a political novel (to be revealed if I so decide) or a horror novel (ditto – hint: it’s about a murderous ventriloquist dummy), or both, then a good ole Western.

And then – and then – and then –

That’ll take me to Halloween. Really tempted to get in to some Lovecraft, as far as I’m able to, which isn’t much, unless I make an effort I suppose. I like to read something scary every Horrorween. If the Lovecraft doesn’t move me, though, I have back-up: Weaveworld, the Clive Barker masterpiece I first (and only) read one October twenty-four years ago. Yeah, maybe that’s the ticket.

But now to finish Iceworld by the weekend, Icerigger by mid-September, eating the rest of the ice cream and Italian ices left in the freezer and listening to some Husker Dü on the turntable (bonus points if you can link that reference) ….

No comments: