Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Wonders of Physics





© 1966

Text by Irving Adler

Illustrations by Cornelius DeWitt

My absolute, hands-down favorite book from my childhood.  For the whole nine yards, go here (or just scroll down to this morning’s entry).

Some of the pictures that enraptured me on hot summer nights circa 1977:


The Modern Physics Hall of Fame ...



My first Periodic Table ...



Look at those crazy soldiers representing molecules ... genius!



A personal favorite of mine - Rutherfords experiment ... 



The book went from why does my wet skin feel cool as the wind blows over it
 to the shell theory of atomic structure ...



Splitting the atom!



Special Relativity - dig the little details like the dudes hanky ... 



Roll up yer sleeves and get to work, 1960s physicists!



Your geek host enjoying the first of many hours 
down nerd memory lane ...

No comments: