Sunday, November 2, 2008

Achievers

“All achievers have certain characteristics in common. Always, without exception, they have a goal; not an indefinite, indistinct, fuzzy objective, but a sharp, clearly defined goal. They know precisely what they want, and they go for that goal with a focused determination and unremitting effort. They all have enthusiasm, a burning, glowing enthusiasm, and it is sustained though all manner of difficulty. They never give up, no matter how tough the going. The big plus is that they are all believers. Every day, all the way, they never doubt; they are never negative thinkers. All are positive thinkers who get powerful results.”

Don’t know where I originally read that quote or who its original author was/is, but I have it on a slip of paper that I copied over ten years ago. But I do know one thing. I have some very heavy, very difficult decisions to make in the near future. This month. I can’t publicly write of them, at least not yet. I am entering a very rough period of testing that I haven’t seen in … possibly ever.

I wish I could say that I possess the qualities of the achiever in the paragraph above, but I cannot. I don’t know why (temperament? life experience? habit? sin?) and I also don’t think it matters why. But I would like to possess them, though. I will, at the end of this month of trial.

I have some hard choices and some difficult decisions to make. I have to step out over the chasm, and have to believe that there are angels at my side to hold me up.

No comments: