Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bella

Been skimming through a book on the alien abduction phenomena, written through the eyes of a skeptical journalist, and came across something downright creepy:

... He tells of a female patient of his who, at four years old, had developed a phobia about her dolls: she thought they "moved at night."

Wow. This weirdly hit home as I have a four-year-old daughter. And it immediately brought to mind something that happened a couple of weeks ago. While looking for my daughter's nebulizer, I poked my head into the space between her window and the headboard of her bed, and was greeted with this sight:




Spooky. Eerie. Creepy. I think I froze for a split second; you know the feeling. It's "Bella," a life-size ballerina doll my mother bought my daughter a couple of Christmas' ago. But it sure scared the heck outta me that night.

No comments: