Monday, November 17, 2008

Interlude

Sorry ... so busy, so under-the-gun, so short-handed time- and money-wise. Pressures mounting and redlining. I have so much between these here ears that I want to get out on the electronic page but obligations and demands are keeping me from putting butt to chair in front of keyboard. Will try harder tonight to carve out an hour to write an entry or two.

In the meantime, let me acknowledge that I'm not a praying man. Perhaps that's my problem. Like most men, I suppose, I see it as a kind of weakness. Rather torture myself reading Scholastic philosphy than get down on my knees. That being said, this kinda sums up my perils of the moment:


Prayer For Courage

Dear God, give me courage, for perhaps I lack it more than anything else.
I need courage before men against their threats and against their seductions.
I need courage to bear unkindness, mockery, contradiction.
I need courage to fight against the devil, against terrors and troubles, temptations, attractions, darkness and false lights, against tears, depression, and above all fear.
I need Your help, dear God.
Strengthen me with Your love and Your grace.
Console me with Your blessed Presence and grant me the courage to persevere until I am with You forever in heaven.

Busy week ahead but some interesting, lighter posts on the way.

No comments: