Saturday, September 22, 2012

Body Outta Whack


Hi – just a quick post, because I can. Well, have to. Promises made to self and all.

My body is out of whack. More specifically, my biological clock is screwy.

Went to bed last night around 10:30. Woke at 3. Watched miscellaneous In Search Of episodes online in the dead of night. Girls got up for breakfast. Napped 7:30 to 9:45. Did brief errands with Patch. Went to Little One’s soccer game. Napped 2:15 to 3. Visited great-grandma with the girls. Got home, had sushi for dinner. Now I’m wired, yet on the fringe of that charge is extreme exhaustion.

What the fudge?

This time it’s a combination of heartburn (thank you middle age, beer, lunch meats, and bread) with financial worry (thank you creditors – all twenty-four of you).

Also, slight worries about –

How I’m doing at the job
How I’m doing as a dad
Why I’m putting off doing what I should be doing
How the old pulmonary system is doing
How the country is doing
How my girls are doing
How the wife is doing
What am I doing?

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Hopefully, I’ll have a glimpse of sweet oblivion tonight. At least from, oh, eleven p.m. to seven a.m. I need to get off this merry-go-round.

No comments: