Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stats


Listen to the radio often? Have you heard that Tommy Hilfiger commercial about autism? Where he cites something like one in ninety-eight are born autistic, or that one in a hundred and seventy-six million gets to fulfill his dream as a fashion designer?

That last statistic interests me. How did they figure that out?

Ever hear that commercial where one in eight Americans are hungry? You know, the one that does the countdown … Eight – I’m the guy who rides the elevator with you … Four – I’m you’re babysitter … One – I’m the woman who plays bingo with your grandma.

That commercial cracks me up. It’s also been thoroughly debunked, statistically-speaking. See here.

Statistics …

Did you know that seventy-nine out of eighty statistics are used incorrectly? That’s a fact.

No comments: