Monday, September 10, 2012

Magic - the Commerical


Child of the Seventies? Remember this?



This was on so frequently that me and my brother, ages eleven and nine, memorized the dialogue. Magic was a creepy movie with an even creepier 30-second trailer that came out around 1978 or so. Probably because of the explosion of cable at the time (I think my whole neighborhood wired up in a year or so, based on how me and my friends discovered all sorts of new programming on our alphabetized cable boxes), this nightmare-enducing horror visited us nightly – and daily, several times a day – for most of that summer and fall.

I discovered the book in a bargain bin and bought it for a buck. Read through it amazingly fast, too – two days. Couldn’t put it down. Review forthcoming, when I get an hour or so free to jot my thoughts down.

Hint: it was mesmerizing

No comments: