Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Question of Priorities


Last night we settled in to watch Hell's Kitchen on the DVR - yup, Hell's Kitchen. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, guiltier every season (I've been watching for six so far), and after every show I still feel the need to take a shower. Earlier in the evening I noticed Valkyrie - the Tom Fooz movization of the Nazi plot to assassinate Hitler - is on the History 2 channel. (Side note: at least one channel with "history" in its name actually shows programs that are, uh, like historical.)

I didn't notice that the wife had also pre-recorded ... Dallas. The reboot series.

Uh-oh.

The way our DVR works is that you can watch anything while you're recording something else. But if you choose to record two things at once, well, your S out of luck. You gots to watch one or the other of the two things yer recordin', and cain't watch no nother channel.

We realize this just as we're settling in.

Question: What did we do?

You have to put yourself in my shoes. The shoes I'm wearing as I'm facing the glare of my wife.  Realize first that pre-empting Dallas the reboot series is out of the question. So ... did we watch Valkyrie or stop it recording to watch Hell's Kitchen?

Ai Dios Mio!

I erased the Tom Fooz movie, rationalizing that I'll pick it up over the weekend at the library. And we watched Gordon Ramsey berate and belittle a group of incompetent and immature wannabe cooks for an hour like some German sergeant on the Russian front.

Does that qualify as reverse gauge symmetrical synchronicity?

Perhaps as an extreme sub-corollary anti-propositional preposition?

Hm?

No comments: