Saturday, July 28, 2012

Life Intrudes


... on the Hopper.

I am in the middle of so many things at the moment. The day job is keeping me extremely busy. The children's lives are really flowing full-swing and taking up our time (birthday parties, plays, play dates). I'm equally divided in my reading - an intense interest in WW2 (in the current form of Ryan's A Bridge Too Far) as well as a quite enjoyable revisit to Middle-earth via audio CD. And of course, things to see and do with the wife. I find very little time to actually write of late, and when I do find the time, all those snippets of ideas that previously inhabited my head during the week vanish like my take-home pay Saturday morning.

Trying to find time to see the Batman movie (and review it). My to-do list nearly reaches the moon. I'm swinging wildly in my dietary habits - and so is my energy levels. My motivation peaks and ebbs (that there itself is a blog post why).

But, dear reader, don't think that I haven't been thinking. On the horizon, the following topics shall grace these pages -

Little One's Off-Broadway Debut
What I Learn About The Last Good War
Surfer Guy Self-Motivation
Lady Manganese
What Hopper's Plucking on the Gee-tar
This Dude At Work Lies Right to My Face (and Worse)
Patch Gets a New Mommy

and more!

So, I promise to peck-peck-peck away at the laptop on the dining room table tomorrow afternoon while the rest of the ladies are watching the Olympics. Mayhap I can bang out a couple of posts and schedule them to update at regular intervals. Mayhap I can write something witty about this annoying word "mayhap" I've just used three times in this paragraph.

Well, check back tomorrow. See ya then.

No comments: