Monday, July 23, 2012

What if Shakespeare Wrote ...


A year or so ago I posted, here, a video of comedian Jim Breuer doing a bit about the hard rock band AC/DC doing “The Hokey Pokey.”

Well, a couple of days ago this came to my attention: What if Shakespeare wrote “The Hokey Pokey”? Sure, it’s old, it’s been circulating on the Internet forever, but man, I have to say, this verily made me laugh out loud.


O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke.
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from heaven’s yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke – banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, ’tis what it’s all about.

No comments: