Sunday, July 29, 2012

Patch Gets a New Mommy


Sort of.

Now that little Patch has come of age (she'll be four in six weeks), I have to alternate with the girls on Errand Saturday. Yesterday was Patch's turn, and we hit all the usual suspects: post office, recycling center, dry cleaners, library, B&N, pizzeria.

On the way back from the library we pass my eyeglass store. On the side of my eyeglass store is a huge billboard of a babe wearing glasses, pearly whites smiling a come-hither look.

"Daddy," Patch says as we drive pass, "did you see the lady?"

"The lady on the side of the building?"

"Yeah."

"Yes I did. I bought my eyeglasses there."

A few moments go by and Patch remarks, "Daddy, imagine if you were married to her." (Again, she's three-and-seven-eighths years old.)

I smile and look at her in the rear-view mirror. "I can't be married to her, my dear. I'm married to mommy."

"Daddy," she says, scrunching up her face in exasperation, "I said, imagine !"

What do you say to that? For once, I kept my mouth shut and just laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Can't even think of a comment for that!