Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Crazy Plan


I have a plan. A plan so crazy, so improbably, so incredibly unanticipateable that – it just might work!

Last night I finished Warlock, the Oakley Hall 1958 classic Western clocking in at 471 pages. Took my three whole weeks to read it. I also just made the decision to read / listen to Watership Down, itself no slouch in the length department, beginning August 1.

The question is …

Can I read five lean and mean, no-nonsense no-frills sci fi paperbacks in ten days?

Hmm?

Possible candidates:

Splinter of the Mind’s Eye by Alan Dean Foster

Omnivore by Piers Anthony

Red Tide by D. D. Chapman

False Dawn by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

A Dark Traveling by Roger Zelazny

Nightwings by Robert Silverberg

The World of Ptavvs by Larry Niven

The children are away this week, vacationing in PA with my folks. An uncommon feat like the alignment of the planets that one must always be prepared to take advantage. Is this a message?

You bet.

First up:

The Star Wars sequel that Wasn’t To Be.

No comments: