Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hypnotizing


I turned on the iPad the other day, clicked on the Bing app, and this is what pops up in the search line:


how can I hypnotize my sister quickly


Little One, I had to laugh, oh my Little One. Hypnotism is her latest thing (she’s gonna be nine years old in September). She’s on her second young adult novel in a row about it, though from snippets I overhear and small conversations we’ve had, she’s been interested in it the whole school year. I tried to find a nonfiction book on hypnotism aimed at a 3rd or 4th grade level, but so far have been unsuccessful.

But what gets me, what r e a l l y gets me, is that adverb attached to her search:


quickly


Patchie! You better keep alert! If Little One starts dangling a swaying pocket watch in front of you – Runnnnnnnnnnnnn!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hillarious!