Saturday, July 27, 2013

Twain of Arc


You know Mark Twain? Did you know he wrote a “biography” of Joan of Arc?

I didn’t until recently. The last time I read Twain was in high school over twenty-five years ago. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court. Think that’s the only one of his I read. Never read Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn.

So he’s been on my radar recently, especially this book on Joan of Arc. Why Joan of Arc? Well, it so happens to be Little One’s favorite saint. At least from the children’s compendium of saints book we’ve been reading through (alternating with a book on Greek mythology).

And wouldn’t you know it, but I found it in the used book section of B&N – for $2.25. I’ve said it before on this blog (see here, for instance), but so much great literature is so undervalued in today’s culture.

Aiming to get to Twain sometime in the fall.

No comments: